FIREFIGHTERS from Worthing were called out several times overnight last night (Boxing Day, December 26).
At 7.15pm, a family dialled 999 after their dishwasher caught fire while they were eating dinner.
Fire crews using breathing apparatus entered the home, in Thakeham Drive, Worthing, and put out the blaze.
The fire started due to a malfunction in the machine.
At 1.30am, the fire crew was at Fulmer Court in Boundary Road, Worthing, where five people were stuck in a lift.
And then, at 5am, they were called to Guildford Road, Worthing, where arsonists had set a Vauxhall Astra alight on a resident’s driveway.
Police are now investigating the incident.