Diner was left not lovin’ it after discovery of maggot in burger

The maggot found by Ms Avey with the lettuce on which it was sitting
The maggot found by Ms Avey with the lettuce on which it was sitting

A WORTHING woman says she has been put off fast food and takeaways for life after finding a maggot in a burger bought from McDonald’s.

But on arriving home and checking her food for gherkins, she was horrified to find a maggot sitting on a piece of lettuce within the burger.

For the full story and pictures, pick up a copy of this week’s Worthing Herald, out Thursday.