DCSIMG

Family escapes unhurt as fire destroys kitchen

Kitchen fire in Wembley Avenue

Kitchen fire in Wembley Avenue

A FIRE broke out in the kitchen of a family home in Lancing on Monday evening.

Firefighters were called to the blaze in a two-storey property in Wembley Avenue at around 5.10pm.

Two fire engines from Worthing were at the scene.

Two adults and two children had escaped unhurt from the building by the time firefighters arrived, but the kitchen was badly burned out and the whole house, including upstairs, was damaged by smoke.

It is believed the fire broke out when the occupants were cooking dinner.

Watch commander Joe Bullingham said the crews could see the property was well alight as they approached the scene as smoke was pouring from the house.

Mr Bullingham said the fire had been an accident.

Firefighters tackling the blaze managed to confine it to the kitchen, stopping it spreading to the rest of the house.

They used specialist fan equipment to clear smoke from the property,

Once the fire was out, officers dampened-down and cut a way the damaged areas, making it safe for the family to return to the property.

Nobody was injured in during the incident.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page