DCSIMG

Fire destroys kitchen while family is on school run

editorial image

editorial image

FIRE tore through the kitchen of a family home while a family of six were out on the school run this morning.

The Hilton’s were horrified to find their flat in Rectory Farm Road, Sompting, was on fire when they got home from dropping their children at school, at around 8.45am this morning.

Parents Peter and Jennifer Hilton had only been gone 25 minutes, but that was enough time for the smoke and flames to render the kitchen ‘uninhabitable’ according to firefighters.

“I was devastated, absolutely shocked,” said father of four Mr Hilton.

For more details and reaction from the tenant, see the Lancing Herald, out Thursday.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page