Fire in Shoreham care home

editorial image

Fire crews were called to a care home in Middle Road, Shoreham, to tackle a blaze in a laundry room.

Three appliances, one from Shoreham and two from Hove, were at the scene shortly before 7pm on Wednesday night (December 2).

A spokesman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said no-one was injured in the incident and firefighters used breathing apparatus, a high pressure hose reel, a thermal imaging camera and a C02 extinguisher to put out the blaze.

The fire broke out in the ground floor laundry room and firefighters had made the area safe by 7.40pm.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.shorehamherald.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShorehamHerald

3) Follow us on Twitter @Shoreham_Herald

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Shoreham Herald - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.