Fire incidents attended last night

0
Have your say

Fire crews from Worthing attended three incidents in the area last night (Sunday, April 1).

At around 6.30pm, one fire engine attended a fire in Goring Gap, where some undergrowth had been set alight. It was extinguished with one hose pump and the cause is believed to have been accidental.

At around 11pm, firefighters were called to a electricity pylon in Coldharbour Lane, Patching, after reports it was on fire. The area was made safe by fire crews and left to the attention of the electricity board.

The fire is believed to be linked to the power cut in Durrington, which had occurred earlier that evening.

At 2.15am, fire crews were called to a residence in Barrington Road, Worthing, where a compost heap, five metres of hedge and a tree were well alight, and threatening a garden shed in the property.

The residents had had a barbecue earlier that evening, and had thrown the ashes in the compost heap, believing they were cold. However, the ashes had caused the compost to smoulder and set alight.