Once the Clapham Rectory, this family home was originally built in the 16th century and, with later additions, became, by Victorian times, a rather grand house.
The discovery of an 18th century smugglers cellar in 1948 added spice to its history.
Having had various functions during its time, the house has been separated to two dwellings and now makes a perfect family home.
The current owners’ daughter always used to play with the previous owners’ children, and it was she who alerted her parents to the fact it was for sale, and here they still are 22 years later.
The space and character were particular attractions, especially the lounge with its windows to rear, and French doors to the side leading out to the gardens, which wrap themselves around the house like a glove.
A previous large reception room has now been turned into a dining room and study/play room – both still good sizes – giving options when it comes to formal or informal lifestyles, and two of the bedrooms open out to a terrace, where the owner loves to take morning coffee while watching the sun rise over the roof tops.
With only two neighbours needing to pass by, there should be little to disturb your rural lifestyle here.
Bedroom two and the ground floor shower room are part of a Flying Freehold.
For more information, or to arrange a viewing, contact Cubitt & West, Kings Parade, 170 Findon Road, Findon Valley, West Sussex, BN14 0EL. Telephone 01903 262620.