DCSIMG

Homeless trio escape blaze with their lives

W08427H14

W08427H14

THREE homeless men were lucky to escape with their lives when the van they were sleeping in burst into flames at 12.30 on Wednesday morning.

The van was in a car park behind Burfree House in Teville Road when the fire broke out.

Watch Commander Darren Wickings said the trio were extremely lucky to escape with their lives.

“They were all incredibly lucky to get out of the vehicle, as there was obviously no smoke detection equipment in there,” said Mr Wickings.

“They would have had no warning of the fire and it could have become a fatality.”

For the full story, see the Worthing Herald, out today, February 27.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page