DCSIMG

BREAKING NEWS: Fire in first floor flat in Rowlands Road

FIREFIGHTERS have successfully tackled a first floor flat fire in Rowlands Road, Worthing, this afternoon (Thursday, June 12).

The call came in at 3.36pm and a crew from Worthing Fire Station tackled the blaze using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel.

The occupants of the flat are believed to have escaped unhurt before firefighters arrived.

The blaze was fully extinguished at 3.58pm.

Councillor Diane Guest, who owns the Sandwitch Bar, in Rowlands Road, said there was a heavy police presence.

She said: “I couldn’t see any flames but I saw the fire brigade and several police cars turn up.

“The police have taped the area off and are still there now.

“I saw a girl come out screaming. It’s the flat next to Gala Bingo.”

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page