DCSIMG

Firefighters called to blazes in Worthing and Goring

WORTHING’S firefighters were kept busy last night and this morning (September 4 and 5) after they were called to several fires.

At 11.30pm, firefighters were called to Lansdowne Close to a fire which started in the property’s bathroom.

Two fire engines attended the blaze, which had started in the airing cupboard of the bathroom.

Using buckets of water, the firefighters were able to extinguish the fire.

Then, at 3am, a crew was called to Chapel Road, where a fire had been started deliberately in a wheelie bin.

The fire was put out by a hose reel, but smoke spread to the Ritz Cinema and Connaught, in Union Place.

Firefighters had to air out the venues and returned to the station at 4.30am.

At 7.20am, firefighters were called to a fire in Meadway Court, The Boulevard, in Goring, to a fire which had started in the ground floor of a property.

The fire, which had started in a dishwasher, was put out by a C02 extinguisher.

Firefighters said in both residential properties there had not been working smoke detectors installed.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page