A LEISURE chain is investigating after a mother claimed her daughter suffered chemical burns while using its swimming pool.
Mary Penn noticed red marks on two-year-old daughter Freya’s feet after she had used the pool at David Lloyd, in Romany Road, Durrington, last Tuesday.
She said her GP believed the marks looked like chlorine burns but the chain maintains chemical levels in the pool on the day were normal.
Mrs Penn said: “I was getting her dressed and she had red marks on her feet. I thought she had picked up a rash but it just got redder later on.
“She couldn’t sleep very well as she kept catching it on the covers and the next day I couldn’t put shoes or socks on her feet.”
Mrs Penn and her daughter had been invited to the pool as a guest by her friend, who was taking her son swimming.
He did not have any similar marks but showered afterwards, whereas Freya did not.
A spokesman for David Lloyd said they were looking into the incident and would be happy to welcome back Mrs Penn in the future.
For the full story, see the Herald, out Thursday, August 21.