DCSIMG

School-run family’s kitchen fire horror

Sompting kitchen fire

Sompting kitchen fire

A FATHER who came home from dropping his children off at school to find his kitchen ablaze has spoken of his family’s ‘horrible’ ordeal.

Dad of four Peter Hilton, 43, of Rectory Farm Road, Sompting, got back from the school run at around 8.45am on Monday to see smoke pouring from the kitchen of his ground-floor flat.

“I was devastated, absolutely shocked,” said Mr Hilton, who, with his wife Jennifer, had only been gone for around 25 minutes.

For the full story, see the Lancing Herald, out today, June 12.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page