DCSIMG

Warning after disposable barbecue sets fire to bin in town centre

FIREFIGHTERS have told people not to put disposable barbecues into bins while they are still hot.

FIREFIGHTERS have told people not to put disposable barbecues into bins while they are still hot.

The warning comes after firefighters had to put out a bin fire in Worthing town centre last night.

A disposable barbecue was blamed for the fire in a bin at the junction of South Street and Marine Parade.

The fire was put out using buckets of water at 7.49pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Never put a disposable barbeque on anything flammable or that would melt – the base of the barbeque gets very hot.

“Don’t put a disposable barbeque into a rubbish bin until it has cooled down properly, it may take several hours.

“Once it’s cool, consider pouring water over it to make sure it’s really out.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news