This week, Kim Woodley, from the Rotary Club of Worthing, gives an update on the latest and future goings-on.
Summer is here and Worthing Rotary Club is pleased to be hosting many events for our great community.
Starting on Saturday, July 11, we have the Worthing Rotary Car Boot Sale on Broadwater Green.
This event is from 6.30am until noon, with cars just £10 and vans £15.
There will be lots of great bargains to be found, with refreshments and free entry for buyers.
We are also hosting an Antiques Valuation Day on Saturday, July 25, at Offington Park Methodist Church Hall, Worthing, BN14 7TN, from 1.30pm to 5.30pm.
Three experts will be in attendance to give you advice about your items – Mrs Susan Rothwell is a jewellery, pictures and silver expert; Mr Paul Campbell is the toy specialist from Campbells Auction House; and Mr Geoffrey Godden is our porcelain specialist.
The cost is just £5 per item or £10 for up to three items.
Refreshments will also be for sale.
All proceeds from our events go to support the charities that Rotary helps.
These include local causes, such as St Barnabas House, Enable Me, Virtual Doctors, Guild Care and Worthing Hospital’s spirometer appeal, as well as some international appeals such as the Nepal crisis and ShelterBox.
All enquiries for the car boot sale or the antiques valuation should be directed to Marlene on 07715 720363.
Our next big event is the August Bank Holiday carnival and fair.
This year it lasts from Saturday, August 29, until Monday, August 31, so make a note in your diaries!
Worthing is not always the quiet seaside town you think!
To join Rotarians in ‘making a difference’ to the lives of others, both locally and internationally, have a look at our website, call us, or come along to one of our Monday lunchtime meetings.
Details of Worthing’s three Rotary clubs are:
• Worthing Rotary Club meets Monday, 12.55pm, at the Chatsworth Hotel, in The Steyne, Worthing, 01903 262222.
• West Worthing Rotary Club meets Tuesday evening at Tudor Close, Ferring, 01903 535900.
• Worthing Steyne Rotary Club meets Monday evening at The Ardington Hotel, in Steyne Gardens, Worthing, 01903 234957.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.