Pub blaze in Worthing was ‘accidental’

Have your say

TWO fire crews were called to a tackle a blaze at a pub in Worthing last night (June 10).

The incident took place at a public house in Chapel Road, just before 11pm.

When firefighters arrived, they were confronted with a small fire in the rear decking of the pub.

Officers used one high-pressure water hose and some small tools to quell the flames.

They also used a fan to remove smoke from the basement

A spokeswoman for the fire service said the incident was accidental.

Crews left the scene just before midnight.