Tumble dryer caught fire in Worthing

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS have praised the actions of a homeowner after their tumble dryer caught alight.

Worthing firefighters were called to a house in Downsview Road, Worthing, at 12.30pm today (Monday, February 28) after clothes in a tumble dryer burst into flames.

Red watch commander, Steve Boniface, praised the action of the homeowner in doing all the right things.

He said: “They could smell it and see something was wrong.

“When they opened the tumble dryer they saw flames so they shut the door, turned off the unit and called the fire service.”

The Worthing fire crew was at the house for 20 minutes and had to use a C02 extinguisher to put the small fire out.