VIDEO: Family escape injury in Worthing house fire

A FAMILY of five narrowly escaped serious injury when their dishwasher caught fire while they were asleep at their property in Pavilion Road, Worthing last night (Monday, March 4).

“I would not like to think what would have happened if we hadn’t had alarms fitted,” said relieved home owner Cheun-man Chow, who praised emergency services swift response.

A FAMILY OF FIVE ESCAPE FROM KITCHEN FIRE IN HOUSE IN PAVILION ROAD WORTHING 23.45 HRS ON THE 4/3/13 -ALLERTED BY SMOKE ALARM INSTALLED BY WSFR TWO YEARS AGO

A FAMILY OF FIVE ESCAPE FROM KITCHEN FIRE IN HOUSE IN PAVILION ROAD WORTHING 23.45 HRS ON THE 4/3/13 -ALLERTED BY SMOKE ALARM INSTALLED BY WSFR TWO YEARS AGO

Two fire engines from Worthing, which were on the scene within minutes, spent more than an hour tackling the fire, which happened at around 11pm.

The cause of the blaze is thought to have been due to an electrical fault. For full story, see this week’s Herald.