I read the recent letter from the lady who was sent a fine for parking in the Montague Centre car park even though she had paid for her parking.
I too received a charge notice saying that on July 16, 2015, I had parked for 52 minutes and had not paid!
Luckily I had my receipt.
I contacted CP plus immediately by email.
In my email to them I suggested that they checked out any other notices that had been issued that day as there is obviously a problem with their system.
They took several weeks to reply and even managed to send out a charge notice reminder before doing so.
Needless to say that I won my ‘appeal’ but how many other people have been wrongly accused of non-payment but have simply paid because they had no proof?
Good luck with the appeal.
We know that they have made mistakes and that their system cannot be trusted, as my case has proven.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.