Thank you for the great write up about the band at Irene House in last week’s Herald (June 25). I would just like to clear up one misconception – the band is not a Davison band.
Both boys and girls, aged from around ten to 19, play in this band, drawn from all the local schools.
We bear the Davison name because they kindly allow us to rehearse at the school, and in return we support their concerts.
We are a charity and raise all our own funds as well as supporting other charities.
The conductors are not paid but freely give up a lot of time.
They are supported by a committee of past and present parents. We have toured Paris (including Disneyland Paris), Germany, Holland and Lake Garda in Italy. This summer we are touring Spain, staying near Barcelona.
We regularly support other charities too. In the next few weeks the band is playing at Parham (July 11) and at Goring Hall (July 12).
chair of parent support committee
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.