Money talks, but not to us, the average person in the street.
European Union out mavericks, such as Peter Cruddas, Paul Sykes and Stuart Wheeler, are in speaking for themselves and not their companies, while investing millions of pounds of their own money in exiting the EU. Doesn’t that say it all, in a nutshell?
What is their motivation? What’s in it for them personally or are they avoiding the perceived impacts of EU legislation, avoiding tax? Have they not benefited from European partnerships, treaties and deals?
What’s more concerning though is the inclusion of hedge funds and their influence.
Taking just one area of the European Market, money, former MEP Liberal Democrat Sharon Bowles, a supporter of Worthing business, put in years of dedication, expertise and commitment to promote a better life for Great Britain.
She achieved a great deal; on financial legislation, terms and conditions for faulty products, internet and distance selling.
Have you ever wondered where the safeguards on buying over the internet came from?
Sharon pushed further to improve insurance terms, tackling unfair advertising, bank charges, cheaper phone charges and roaming fees and many other issues we take for granted today.
Europe has introduced many specific measures to prevent us being charged too much or help you get your money back.
It still needs to be more efficient and effective but it works for us.
Liberal Democrat Worthing West parliamentary spokesperson
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.