This really happened and it is too good not to share with your readers.
I had purchased a new Jaguar and paid an extra £300 for a protective coating which claimed to remove the need for polishing.
When I collected the car, the salesperson reminded me, ‘no polish’.
For its first clean I drove into the very efficient and inexpensive hand wash car cleaners on the Brighton Road near the old Aquarena.
As a member of the team approached I lowered the window and said: “No polish”.
He did not understand and got a colleague. “No polish”, I repeated.
“Ahh, no problem, we not Polish, we Bulgarians.”
Funny and also true.
An amusing illustration of the potential mishaps in cross-cultural communication in an increasingly diverse Worthing community.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.