On Wednesday, September 2, the League of Friends café re-opened in its new location in the North Wing of Worthing Hospital, near the day hospital and physiotherapy department, much to the joy and pleasure of patients, staff and visitors alike.
I just happened to be in the vicinity that day (as a patient) and was so pleased to enjoy an excellent cup of tea and a delicious cake once again.
Not to mention casting a longing look at the wonderful range of sandwiches and those super cheese straws.
As a hospital governor, but moreover as a long-term patient, I knew just what the café had meant to so many in a variety of ways, and I did raise the issue on several occasions in the past.
The original site is now part of the area that houses the brand new endoscopy suite with all its new and excellent facilities.
In visiting the new café we will all be helping to continue supporting the League of Friends and contributing to the finance that they raise, which benefits both the hospital and patients.
But individually we shall enjoy that little ‘oasis of peace and quiet’ when perhaps we are experiencing those stressful times, visiting or just waiting.
patient and trust governor for Adur
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.