I went to pay my car park ticket in the Montague Centre car park on Monday (October 26) at 2.45pm.
There was a lady in front of me using the machine on the left who was having some problems.
I spoke to her and said she needed to put in her car registration, to which she replied she had already done this and put in her money.
No ticket came out so she said it must have accepted her payment.
I went to do mine, put my car reg in, confirmed my car, put in my cash and then it gave me my £2.20 back plus £3.10, which I assume was what the lady in front of me paid.
I had to start all over again and eventually the machine said my payment had been successful, but I did not receive a ticket.
I am concerned that the lady in front of me may get charged for not paying when I can confirm that she had attempted to pay and assumed her payment had been accepted.
If anyone knows who this lady is then please contact the paper so I can either give her her money or confirm she thought in all good faith she had paid.
If I cannot find who this lady is I will give the money to charity.
Mrs L McCutcheon
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.