I heard today that the new public toilets, built as part of the Waterfront development to replace the old public toilets, is not expected to be opened until the end of August, at the earliest, due to contractual arrangements between the developers and the council.
This seems yet another ridiculous example of the complete lack of common sense emanating from the jobs-worths. This means that for the rest of the summer season 2015, members of the public will continue to be relieving themselves in the bushes around the new sailing club, and between beach huts, as there are no public toilets from Marine Gardens all the way along to the Sea Lane Café.
Apparently our council will not take on the maintenance costs for the next two months over the summer holiday season. This is clearly a ridiculous situation, when the new toilet is built and ready for use, but remains locked, to the inconvenience of the general public!
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.