Disabled man from Ashington rescued after fire at his property

A DISABLED man from Ashington was rescued by fire services after a fire broke out in his kitchen.

The incident happened at a property in Cricketers Close at around 230pm on Thursday, March 7, which emergency services confirmed had been started by a cloth that had been left on a hob.

Fire crews from Worthing, Storrington and Steyning attended the scene and the fire was extinguished within half an hour. The home owner was advised by officers to stay in his bedroom until they arrived and were able to guide him from his home.