Firefighters called to kitchen fire in Worthing

Share this article

A WORTHING man was removed from his flat by firefighters after a fire started in his kitchen.

Firefighters were called out to a flat in Suffolk House, Newland Road, at around 2am on Saturday morning (January 8, 2011).

The fire had been put out by the time they arrived, but the man was removed from the flat and treated for smoke inhalation injuries while the firefighters dealt with smoke-clogging.

A spokesman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Services said the man did not need hospital treatment for his injuries.