INCIDENTS attended by firefighters this weekend include:-
Friday, March 9, 6.48pm to 7.17pm:
Mayflower Way, Angmering – Bonfire, unattended on open ground extinguished by fire service.
Friday, March 9, 11.02pm to 11.19pm:
Liverpool Gardens, Worthing – medium sized bin alight, fire extinguished. Arson, incident left with police.
Saturday, March 10, 8.28am to 8.58am:
Multi-screen cinema, Chichester Gate, Chichester – small electrical fire in walkway of ground floor cinema room. Fire out on arrival. Electrics isolated and advice given by fire service.
Saturday, March 10, 9.36am to 10.32am:
House, The Fleet, Fittleworth – chip pan fire in kitchen, fire out on arrival of Ffire service. Inspection made using thermal imaging camera. 100 per cent of kitchen damaged by heat and smoke – minor smoke damage to remainder of house. First aid and oxygen given to elderly female occupier suffering with minor burns and smoke inhalation by ambulance paramedics before she was taken to hospital by ambulance.
Saturday, March 10, 4.02pm to 8.04pm:
House, Easthampnett Lane, Chichester – Chimney fire, equipment used by fire service. Advice given.
Saturday, March 10, 4.49pm to 5.32pm:
A283 junction WITH A285 Petworth – Fatal road traffic collision. Motorcycle in collision with car, sadly male motorcyclist died at the scene. Male driver of car taken to hospital by ambulance
Saturday, March 10, 6.38pm to 7.18pm:
A283 Egdean –Road traffic collision – one car overturned. Female adult released before arrival of fire service. First aid carried out before the lady was taken to hospital by ambulance.
Saturday, March 10, 7.15pm to 7.45pm:
A27 Juncation with Sompting Road – Road traffic collision – one overturned car. No persons trapped. Car righted by fire service, road cleared and sanded.
Sunday, March 11, 12.32pm to 12.57pm:
Bracken Close, Storrington – Gas leak, external gas pipe ruptured by digger. Leak patched by Ffier service and nearby bonfire extinguished. Incident handed over to gas board.