One of the stars of the original Italian Job film has died following a fall at his home in Worthing, it has been reported.
John Forgeham, 75, broke his collarbone after falling from his bed on Wednesday and was later rushed to hospital after suffering an internal bleed, the Daily Mail reported.
He passed away yesterday afternoon (Friday, March 10).
The grandfather-of-five played Frank in the 1969 classic film, but was also well-known for his role as Frank Laslett in the hit ITV series Footballers’ Wives.
He also appeared in films including Mean Machine and Crossroads and dramas such as Doctors, The Bill and Casualty.
His daughter Jonesta said the family was ‘in shock’ and paid tribute to the ‘charismatic and wonderful man’.
A postmortem is due to be carried out.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.