Meeting to be held on A27 plans
A newly formed residents' action group is to hold a public meeting on proposals to make a stretch of the busy A27 a '¨dual carriageway.
It will be held by the Bypass Not Throughpass group at 7.30pm on Thursday, July 21, at Worthing College, in Sanditon Way, Broadwater.
In a statement, the group said: “Current plans to dual the A27 could mean over 300 homes being bulldozed despite a shortage of housing in the area. Residents may struggle to access the A27 if local roads are blocked up and it might not even solve the traffic problems if the main junctions are not sorted out properly. Planning is already underway to dual the road and so far there have been no public consultations.
“Options are already being ruled out. It is highly likely that only options around dualling the existing road will be consulted about. Bypass Not Throughpass has arranged this public meeting for anyone who wants to find out more and get involved.’
• Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.