A Worthing boy who was born without an oesophagus can finally sleep properly after firefighters raised the money to buy him a special bed.
Oliver Cobden, three, was born with oesophogeal atresia, which meant he was unable to swallow because of the gap between his food tube and his stomach.
Doctors performed an operation to tie together a pouch inside him when he was a baby, allowing him to eat.
But the operation also left him with acid reflux, which caused him to wake up every night to be sick.
Now, thanks to Worthing fire station, Oliver has been given a specialist bed that helps children with acid reflux sleep by keeping them at an angle.
For the full story, read this week’s Worthing Herald, out from Thursday, December 13.