Nursery kitchen in Worthing damaged by fire

A NURSERY is in need of a new kitchen following a fire in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Firefighters put out the accidental fire in Reflections Nursery, Richmond Road, Worthing, after receiving a call at 5.10am.

According to the nursery’s owner, Martin Pace, the fire was caused by a fridge freezer motor, which had been purchased within the last 18 months.

Mr Pace said the nursery would need a temporary kitchen while the damaged one was refurbished. He added that the nursery would otherwise continue as normal.

Damaged areas in the kitchen were cut away and damped down.

Four breathing apparatus and two hose reels were used.