ROTARY ROUND-UP: A fine day at annual car boot sale
This week, Gerald Illsley, from the Rotary Club of Worthing Steyne, gives an update on the latest and future goings-on.
Some club members said they didn’t know there was a 5.30 in the morning, only the tea time one, but they turned out anyway last Saturday to set up and welcome sellers and buyers to a very successful car boot sale.
On a fine day, Worthing Steyne Rotary Club had its annual Car Boot Sale at the Adur Recreation Ground.
The boot sale is one of our three main activities in the area and with a very warm, sunny day at an always a popular site, last weekend was a great event.
As you can see we were ready to go and busy with everyone looking for the best bargains from the start.
With all the stalls, food outlets, the doughnut man, attractions for youngsters, and of course the ice cream van, we were very pleased to see everyone.
Thank you for coming along and see you there again next year.
Our club at Worthing Steyne has good links with several local organisations and groups.
Many will be joining us at our next big outing with the other two Rotary clubs in the town to stage the 2016 Worthing Carnival during August Bank Holiday weekend.
The plans for the occasion are coming together nicely and we will have more news about the weekend early next month.
We expect that the two-day event – with a circus theme, the seafront market and its procession on Bank Holiday Monday – will offer everyone lots to see and do, with good food and music.
So it’s fingers crossed for another weekend of fine weather.
We will be there with information about our A.R.C. Lite (Associated with Rotary Clubs) for anyone who would like to “bank” some of their time in a year to help out a local charity, but cannot commit to a regular day, week or time.
We can help you can chose when to help or carry on “saving” if that suits you better.
There is no minimum – or maximum – time and no cash involved.
See you there.
Please contact us or come and see us at the Ardington Hotel Worthing on a Monday evening at 7pm.
We will be pleased to see you. Call 07788 638797 to let us know you will be dropping in.
Details of Worthing’s three Rotary clubs are:
• Worthing Rotary Club meets Monday, 12.55pm, at the Chatsworth Hotel, in The Steyne, Worthing, 01903 262222.
• West Worthing Rotary Club meets Tuesday evening at Tudor Close, Ferring, 01903 501961.
• Worthing Steyne Rotary Club meets Monday evening at The Ardington Hotel, in Steyne Gardens, Worthing, 01903 234957.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.