ROTARY ROUND-UP: Get involved and share your ideas
This week, Kim Woodley, from the Rotary Club of Worthing, gives an update on the latest and future goings-on.
Rotary’s motto is ‘service above self’ and we are passionate about helping in our local community as well as with international needs.
This help may be a hands-on approach or giving donations towards projects.
As a charity we raise funds through events such as our annual August Bank Holiday procession and fair, our collections at the Christmas tree in the centre of town, plus concerts, quizzes, garden parties, coffee mornings, austerity lunches and many other events.
These funds are then distributed to the many fantastic great organisations in our local area, as well as abroad.
In the past few months we have been able to give donations to the local groups: Storm Ministries, Worthing Symphony Society, the girls section of Worthing Rugby Club, Worthing Churches Homeless Projects, Support Our Soldiers (SOS), Shoreham Lifeboat, Worthing Boys Club and to several individuals for help to purchase wheelchairs and so on.
Further afield we have sent money to support children from the Pattaya Street Kids project as well as the End Polio campaign and ShelterBox.
If you have ideas of how we can get more involved in our local community then come and join us for our meeting one Monday lunchtime.
We would love to welcome you and explore ways we can work together to help make Worthing an even more amazing place to live.
One of last year’s Rotary car boot sales
Details of Worthing’s three Rotary clubs are:
• Worthing Rotary Club meets Monday, 12.55pm, at the Chatsworth Hotel, in The Steyne, Worthing, 01903 209564.
• West Worthing Rotary Club meets Tuesday evening at Tudor Close, Ferring, 01903 501961.
• Worthing Steyne Rotary Club meets Monday evening at The Ardington Hotel, in Steyne Gardens, Worthing, 07788 638757.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.