ROTARY ROUND-UP: Keeping in touch with friends
This week, Gerald Illsley, from the Rotary Club of Worthing Steyne, gives an update on the latest and future goings-on.
It is always nice to hear from friends and keep in touch.
So, as a club, we were very pleased to hear about Lauren Jones, one of our Rotary Friends.
Many will know about Lauren, a Worthing resident who in 2009 was paralysed and left in a wheelchair at the age of 14.
Lauren reached number one in the world for juniors in wheelchair tennis and held the title of World Junior Champion in 2013.
She is now playing as a senior and was the women’s singles champion at this year’s Holland Open.
Well done Lauren.
You can get more news about Lauren on www.laurenjoneswheelchairtennis.com.
If you would like to be a Rotary Friend and know more about our club, come along to meet us on a Monday evening at the Ardington Hotel or please call 07788 638757 for more information.
Lauren is associated with Dog’s Trust in Shoreham, another organisation Rotary Club of Worthing Steyne has good links to.
So much so that Dog’s Trust will be joining us on August bank holiday Monday this year for our carnival weekend to run a dog show at Worthing Steyne.
It promises to be a great weekend with the car show on Sunday, procession on Monday, entertainment stage, stalls, strong man and funfair.
There is much to see and do, so we hope to see you there.
Watch out for more news over the next few weeks.
Visit www.worthingcarnival.co.uk or pick up a leaflet at shops and cafes around the town.
Details of Worthing’s three Rotary clubs are:
• Worthing Rotary Club meets Monday, 12.55pm, at the Chatsworth Hotel, in The Steyne, Worthing, 01903 262222.
• West Worthing Rotary Club meets Tuesday evening at Tudor Close, Ferring, 01903 501961.
• Worthing Steyne Rotary Club meets Monday evening at The Ardington Hotel, in Steyne Gardens, Worthing, 01903 234957.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.