ROTARY ROUND-UP: National Day Out brings happiness to children's lives across the country
This week, Kim Woodley, from the Rotary Club of Worthing, gives an update on the latest and future goings-on.
Worthing Rotary Club was delighted to be able to fund a visit for 16 pupils from Palatine School, plus their helpers, to attend the KidsOut trip to Chessington World of Adventures.
This fabulous day out was a brilliant experience for the children and even some of the adults on the trip dared to try a few rides.
After all the excitement of the day the children then sat happily together on a huge field enjoying their lunches and soft drinks, which were handed out by Rotary volunteers.
All in all it was a wonderful opportunity to show the great work Rotary does in the local community.
The first Rotary KidsOut National Day Out took place in 1990 and since then Rotary in the UK has taken up to 25,000 disadvantaged children on a fun day out every year.
The Day Out is delivered nationally in conjunction with Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland (RIBI) and provides the children with an experience that brings both fun and happiness into their lives.
More than a hundred venues and 10,000 Rotary volunteers make the Day Out the success that it is.
We are very pleased to be able to offer activities such as these, plus other help for some of the many needs in our community, as well as the wider world.
To join Rotarians in making a difference to the lives of others, both locally and internationally, have a look at our website: www.worthing-rotary.org, call us, or come along to one of our Monday lunchtime meetings.
We would love to welcome you.
Details of Worthing’s three Rotary clubs are:
• Worthing Rotary Club meets Monday, 12.55pm, at the Chatsworth Hotel, in The Steyne, Worthing, 01903 262222.
• West Worthing Rotary Club meets Tuesday evening at Tudor Close, Ferring, 01903 501961.
• Worthing Steyne Rotary Club meets Monday evening at The Ardington Hotel, in Steyne Gardens, Worthing, 01903 234957.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.