This week, Kim Woodley, from the Rotary Club of Worthing, gives an update on the latest and future goings-on.
Christmas is coming!
Some will be ready by now with presents bought, lists made and so on, but most people haven’t started thinking about it.
For others it is a time of year to dread as they face a time that should be full of happiness and laughter but instead is full of sadness as they wonder where the next meal will come from and how to give their children any presents at all.
Our Rotary club want to make many of these families’ Christmas a happier time and one of our busiest fundraising times is the weeks before Christmas.
The money raised goes to provide food parcels which the wonderful Salvation Army distribute to local families experiencing hard times at Christmas.
Our faithful members and supporters will organise the Christmas tree, in Worthing’s Montague Centre, to be bought, erected and decorated.
With our popular crib and accompanying Christmas music we aim to have collectors at the tree between 11am and 4pm every day from early December until Christmas Eve.
There will be live music and singing from local musicians and choirs, and we are appealing for anyone able to offer us any sponsorship to help pay for the tree and decorations.
These are expensive items but we feel they are essential in giving the town a Christmas feel and to be a central focus for entertainment and collecting.
If anyone is able to help in any way with a small, or larger, amount of sponsorship we would be extremely pleased to hear from you.
Please email: email@example.com
We look forward to meeting many of you in town in the run up to Christmas and we are extremely grateful for the very kind and generous donations that we will receive.
Details of Worthing’s three Rotary clubs are:
• Worthing Rotary Club meets Monday, 12.55pm, at the Chatsworth Hotel, in The Steyne, Worthing, 01903 262222.
• West Worthing Rotary Club meets Tuesday evening at Tudor Close, Ferring, 001903 501961.
• Worthing Steyne Rotary Club meets Monday evening at The Ardington Hotel, in Steyne Gardens, Worthing, 01903 234957.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.