This week, Gerald Illsley, from the Rotary Club of Worthing Steyne, gives an update on the latest and future goings-on.
It’s always very encouraging to see news in the Herald each week of groups and volunteers striving successfully to raise funds for local charities, good causes and organisations.
Worthing people are always imaginative and energetic in their efforts.
Our club members join in and enjoy doing so; although you may not always recognise them without their yellow hi-vis jackets.
And we are always willing to partner other organisations and work together with them.
We heard this week about a great idea to join in, raise money and keep healthy.
One of our partner groups, Macmillan Cancer Support, has launched an exciting challenge of hiking around eight different locations across the country.
One of the hikes, in July, is just across the border in East Sussex, heading along the South Downs Way from Brighton to Eastbourne.
There is more information at www.macmillan.org.uk/get-involved/fundraising-events/trekking
At the moment marathons are “making the running”, with the Worthing Half Marathon this weekend and the upcoming Three Forts Challenge in April.
Both are very popular events, open to runners now and also a good time to turn out and support them.
Our club members will be there helping with marshalling.
The Three Forts is a terrific event for everyone to come and see the runners at the end of the course at the Rotary Field in Worthing after running along the South Downs in a full or half-marathon For more information visit www.threefortschallenge.org.uk
These are two of the local events where you will find us in our hi-vis.
Come and say hello, or come along and meet us at the Ardington Hotel, Worthing, where we meet on Monday evenings – call ahead on 07788 638757.
We will all be pleased to see you and hear from you. See you soon.
Details of Worthing’s three Rotary clubs are:
• Worthing Rotary Club meets Monday, 12.55pm, at the Chatsworth Hotel, in The Steyne, Worthing, 01903 209564.
• West Worthing Rotary Club meets Tuesday evening at Tudor Close, Ferring, 01903 501961.
• Worthing Steyne Rotary Club meets Monday evening at The Ardington Hotel, in Steyne Gardens, Worthing, 01903 234957.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.