This week, Kim Woodley, from the Rotary Club of Worthing, gives an update on the latest and future goings-on.
Summer will soon be with us and the Rotary diary is rapidly filling up as we plan the many, varied events that we are organising.
If you enjoy quizzes then come and join us on Thursday, May 19 at the English Martyrs Barn, Goring, for a quiz and supper night – 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
Proceeds from the quiz will go to the Pattaya Street Kids project.
This project is a locally-organised charity that supports the Street kids in Pattaya and is one that our club regularly supports.
We also sponsor several children there in order to enable them to have an education, plus a party at Christmas.
Anyone interested in tickets for the quiz (just £10 each) should contact Mary Lermitte on 07880 600255.
We also have a summer tea party organised for Saturday, June 11; a car boot sale at Adur Recreation Ground on Saturday, July 23; plus the annual bank holiday carnival and procession on Monday, August 29.
If you enjoy music then book Saturday, November 12, in your diaries for a concert at Worthing Citadel where local youngsters, adult choirs and musicians will be performing in a fabulous and fun evening of music, dance and drama – more details to follow soon.
Organising events is something that Rotary do regularly and, as well as the fundraising events, we also take a group of youngsters from Palatine School to a fabulous ‘KidsOut’ day at Chessington.
The park offers a specially reduced price to youngsters with special needs and Rotarians accompany the children and their carers on rides.
It is an amazing day of seeing the incredible delight on the faces of these great youngsters as they enjoy the thrills of the rides and entertainment on that special outing.
To join Rotarians in making a difference to the lives of others, both locally and internationally, have a look at our website: www.worthing-rotary.org, call us, or come along to one of our Monday lunchtime meetings.
We would love to welcome you.
Details of Worthing’s three Rotary clubs are:
• Worthing Rotary Club meets Monday, 12.55pm, at the Chatsworth Hotel, in The Steyne, Worthing, 01903 262222.
• West Worthing Rotary Club meets Tuesday evening at Tudor Close, Ferring, 01903 501961.
• Worthing Steyne Rotary Club meets Monday evening at The Ardington Hotel, in Steyne Gardens, Worthing, 01903 234957.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.