This week, Kim Woodley, from the Rotary Club of Worthing, gives an update on the latest and future goings-on.
Worthing Rotary Club held a very successful car boot sale last Saturday, where we raised £1,115 for local causes.
This event, along with the many others we regularly arrange, enable us to support charities and individuals in our local community and also abroad.
Our biggest fundraiser is the Rotary Carnival, on Sunday, August 28 and Monday, August 29, in Steyne Gardens.
On the Sunday there will be a Vintage Car Show all day plus a circus performance with Matt the clown, trapeze performers and hula hooping with Chi Chi Revolver at 4.30pm.
Face painting, food stalls, a bar and live music will ensure a great day is enjoyed by all ages.
There will also be a market along the prom.
On the Monday the carnival procession starts from Grand Avenue at 12.30pm and will travel along the seafront to Steyne Gardens where it will arrive about 1pm.
Bucket collectors will walk along the route and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
The fun will continue with a dog show at Steyne Gardens, another circus performance at 4.30pm, as well as charity stalls, food stalls, a bar and live music all afternoon.
Further details can be found on the website – www.worthingcarnival.co.uk
We hope to see you there.
To join Rotarians in ‘making a difference’ to the lives of others, both locally and internationally.
Have a look at our website – www.worthing-rotary.org – call us or come along to one of our Monday lunchtime meetings.
We would love to welcome you.
Details of Worthing’s three Rotary clubs are:
• Worthing Rotary Club meets Monday, 12.55pm, at the Chatsworth Hotel, in The Steyne, Worthing, 01903 262222.
• West Worthing Rotary Club meets Tuesday evening at Tudor Close, Ferring, 01903 501961.
• Worthing Steyne Rotary Club meets Monday evening at The Ardington Hotel, in Steyne Gardens, Worthing, 01903 234957.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.