This week, Kim Woodley, from the Rotary Club of Worthing, gives an update on the latest and future goings-on.
We are very excited about our next big event which is the Hobbies and Leisure Exhibition at the Assembly Hall, Stoke Abbot Road, on Saturday, March 5, from 10am until 4pm.
The exhibition will have stalls and displays featuring local clubs, organisations and activities ranging from running and walking clubs to drama clubs, photographic clubs, sewing and knitting groups.
Admission is free and any group wishing to have a stand at the event is invited to call 01903 262222 or send a message through our Facebook page page.
Each table costs £16 with an extra table for just £11.
This event is a great opportunity to promote what you do and to encourage others to join you.
We look forward to seeing you there.
We are also holding an ‘Austerity Lunch’ on Monday in aid of ‘Life straws’ – a simple device that can transform contaminated water into drinking water.
Anyone interested in joining us for this lunch should contact us by tomorrow.
Looking ahead to the summer months: our Annual August Bank holiday weekend on August 28/29 has a circus theme and we are looking for anyone with circus skills who would like to perform during the event.
If you can juggle/perform any circus skills then whatever your age contact us to take part.
Drop an email to Sue Worthington at firstname.lastname@example.org and come and enjoy the fun.
We look forward to seeing you as we work towards giving the community of Worthing and district a wide selection of fun and interesting activities.
Details of Worthing’s three Rotary clubs are:
• Worthing Rotary Club meets Monday, 12.55pm, at the Chatsworth Hotel, in The Steyne, Worthing, 01903 262222.
• West Worthing Rotary Club meets Tuesday evening at Tudor Close, Ferring, 01903 501961.
• Worthing Steyne Rotary Club meets Monday evening at The Ardington Hotel, in Steyne Gardens, Worthing, 01903 234957.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.