Police issue warning after dishwasher fire

A dishwater caught fire at a home in St Wilfred’s Road, Worthing, at 1am this morning (Wednesday).

The occupants were alerted to the fire when they smelt electrical burning, and were able to isolate the electrics which stopped the fire from spreading.

A spokesman from Worthing Fire Station said: “It goes to show that our advice of not to use tumble driers, dishwashers and washing machines overnight because when you go to sleep you will not know about it until your kitchen is on fire.”