Stray firework burns down shed

A SHED in Durrington was destroyed after it was set alight by a stray firework.

Two Worthing fire crews were called to a house in Durrington Lane at 9.23pm yesterday (Thursday, December 31) to reports that a shed was on fire.

On arrival, they found it had been destroyed and six panels of a nearby shed had sustained heat and smoke damage.

The house and occupants were unharmed.


Click here to go back to Worthing news.

Click here to return to Gazette news.

Click here to go back to Shoreham news.

Where are you? Add your pin to the Herald's international readers' map by clicking here.

Email the Herald:

Click here for the Herald staff directory.

Want to read this page in French, German, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, Urdu or 48 other languages? click here for Google translate.