Toddlers in Worthing tackle assault course for charity

Share this article

Toddlers dressed up as their favourite fairytale and nursery rhyme characters to take part in the big toddle at Davison Day Nursery, Worthing last Friday.

Princesses, pirates and a bright red bus could all be seen making their way around an obstacle course on Davison High School’s field and although it rained there were no complaints from the children.

Jo Davison, the nursery’s fun and fitness co-ordinator said: “I feel very pleased. It was supposed to be a walk but the children turned it into a marathon. They all went gung ho and it was good fun.”

The toddle was held in aid of Barnado’s, with 75 per cent of the sponsorship money raised going to the charity to help disadvantaged under 5’s and the remaining 25 per cent going to the nursery. The money will be used to buy fun and fitness equipment.

Sarah Jones,38, of Broadwater, Worthing’s son took part in the toddle, she said: “It’s one of the most amazing opportunities for small children to do something for those less fortunate than themselves. If you explain to them what it’s about I think it’s great.”

Wayne Fullman, 48, of Cookfield Crescent, Worthing was another parent at the event. He said it was a very good experience and it was good for the children to show they could be athletic.

The nursery has raised around £300 so far.