Man rescued after flat fire in Worthing
The fire service rescued a man after a fire broke out in a first floor flat in Worthing last night (Wednesday, July 5).
Three engines from Worthing were called to the flat in Harefield Avenue, Worthing, at 11.40pm, a fire service spokesman said.
One man was rescued from the flat, the spokesman said, adding that an ambulance was not required.
Two breathing apparatus and a hose reel were used to extinguish the flames, which caused 20 per cent damage to the flat.
Crews left at 12.15am.
The fire was ignited accidentally, the fire service confirmed.