Burning incense starts fire in Worthing flat

Crews were called to a fire at a Worthing flat caused by an incense burner.

Monday, 22nd October 2018, 8:05 pm
Updated Tuesday, 23rd October 2018, 4:27 am
The fire at a ground floor flat in Worthing was caused by an incense burner

Two fire engines from Worthing were sent to the fire at a ground floor flat in Centrecourt Road at 6pm.

A spokesman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said the fire started in a ground floor bedroom.

She added: “When crews arrived, smoke was issuing from the ground floor doorway.

Emergency services at the scene

“An emergency smoke alarm was fitted in the flat. No one was hurt in the incident.”

Read More

Read More
Two Littlehampton GP surgeries could close in six months after 'inadequate' rati...