The fire service has confirmed there was a fire at a department store in Worthing.
As previously reported, crews were called to Beales in South Street following reports of a smell of burning on the first floor.
A spokesperson for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said that there was a small fire in a light fitting on the first floor which had gone out by the time fire crews arrived. It was inspected by firefighters and the incident was left with the store electrician, they added.
The cause of the fire was accidental ignition.
The store was evacuated after the fire alarms went off, and the fire service believed the evacuation had ended.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.