Warning issued after fire crew tackle bonfire started with petrol

The fire service is warning people not to use petrol to start bonfires after being called to a garden fire in Littlehampton.

Tuesday, 18th April 2017, 10:39 am
Updated Tuesday, 9th May 2017, 6:53 pm
The bonfire was started using petrol

The fire service were called to a property in Lupin Close at around 6.45pm yesterday (Monday, April 17), a spokesperson said.

A bonfire had been started in the garden using petrol, a spokesperson said.

The crew used one hose reel to put the fire out, confirmed the spokesperson.

A spokesperson said: “Please do not use petrol to start your bonfires.

“And with barbeque’s the summer coming, we should all be careful.”

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette

3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Littlehampton Gazette - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.