Worthing flat fire '˜started accidentally'
A ferocious fire, which caused substantial damage to flats and a shop unit in Worthing, started accidentally, the fire service has said.
Eight fire engines, including an aerial ladder platform, were used at the height of the blaze, which broke out in a flat in Rowlands Road at 3.10pm yesterday (Saturday, May 20).
Much of the three floor property, including the roof, was seriously damaged in the fire.
Luckily no one needed to be rescued from the building.
Fire crews were on the scene dousing the flames until 2am. They returned to reinspect the scene at 7.15am and 9am this morning (Sunday).
It is not yet clear how the blaze started and investigations are continuing.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.