Worthing house fire caused by decorator gun

editorial image

A HEAT gun used for decorating caused a fire to break out in a house in Worthing.

The incident happened in a property in South Farm Road at around 7pm yesterday evening, August 26, West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service said.

The fire service attended and extinguished the small fire.

A door frame had set alight and after putting out the blaze firemen cut part of it away to check for hot spots.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news

3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.