Worthing pool house destroyed by fire

A POOL pump house was destroyed by fire last night (Sunday, September 2).

The blaze broke out in the annexe of the home in Manor Road, Worthing, at around 7pm, and a passer-by dialled 999.

Firefighters arriving on the scene said they found the house well alight, and discovered it had been caused by cooking being left unattended.

The pump house featured a kitchen and living accommodation, all of which was completely gutted by the fire.

A crew from Worthing fire station was on the scene for two hours.